Thursday, August 11, 2005

Jerry Falwell: 'Vote Christian'

Reverend Jerry Falwell, founder of Liberty University and the 'Moral Majority', has come under fire by some jewish groups, as well as the Anti-Defamation League, for sending out letters and bumper stickers with the phrase 'Vote Christian' on them.

The 'reverend' appeared on the Fox News Channel show "Your World with Neil Cavuto," last night to try to explain himself...let's see how he did:


CAVUTO: You have no anti-Semitic intentions here?

FALWELL: Oh, absolutely not. Anybody who knows me knows better than that.


Well, Mr. Falwell, does 'anybody who knows' you, know that you have made these following statements in the past as well?:

"The Jews are returning to their land of unbelief. They are spiritually blind and desperately in need of their Messiah and Savior." - Personally I sense just a tinge of anti-semitism here...

"The Antichrist will, by necessity, be a Jewish male." - Falwell...Hitler...What's the difference?

"If you're not a born-again Christian, you're a failure as a human being." - Wow, not just anti-semetic...this is anti-MajorityOfTheWorld.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again...If heaven is full of people like Mr Falwell here, I'll be more than happy spending my time in hell.

"Until we get rid of religion, we will never advance past being nothing more than a bunch of bickering tribes." - Some guy I heard on the radio last night.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Kinney said...

Green Day lyrics:

I wanna be the minority
I dont need your authority
Down with the moral majority cause
I wanna be the minority

12:16 PM  
Blogger BEAST said...

Greetings from a Singapore Atheist

Good blog you have here. Back in Singapore the fabric of our culture here is slowly being overwhelmed by American fundamentalism, and I have written a field report plus a supporting article to address the issues.

Feel free to check them out.

Regards
The Beast

8:07 AM  
Blogger The Passion of the Atheist said...

Thanks for the comments Beast, I'll take a look.

4:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker